Old 04-25-2016, 11:42 AM
JuneBillie
Power Poster

Sewbizgirl I went over there and seen all of those amazing quilts. You must have had such a wonderful time taking in all that eye candy.

Girls I will be posting my current two blocks tomorrow that will be on time for once. lol..but, I regretfully must announce that I won't be active in anything on the board for a while in any swaps or anything other than reading what everyone is making and maybe a hello. I might post something on the picture area if I get something done at home I might be working.

I have learned so so much in the short time I have been sewing along with you wonderful talented girls. Right now we have so much going on with health issues, other family issues, and even financial issues. (who doesn't have those)lol.... I am so thrilled that I have learned to (paper piece). Still learning to improve on my y-seams, but it's fun to learn and work on new things. I will still be working on my little blocks to finish a queen size quilt for me and hubby.

We just got back from my dad and mom's house. Dad won't be back there again. I think someone has ransacked the house when everyone was gone. So we are dealing with that too. I did find mom's sewing machine. She had gave me one before she passed away, and dad gave me her serger after she passed away and later one of those little sewing tables with the side drawers that is all wood. I gave the serger to my daughter in law, because I didn't think I would use it, and she was also close to mom. I also have my own machine so now I have 3 sewing machines. I also got a couple of mom's big hoops for lap quilting. It is hard going through a parents things. I know some of you have been through that.

Dad is getting weaker in the nursing home, even though he still has good weeks too. My one sister is going to need extra help now after breaking both of her feet. Her husband passed away a few years ago. My husband has worse health issues, and he insisted on getting me the FWS 30's quilt Book. That is how he is. He also has looked at all the pretty blocks everyone has made. He is very supportive, but he needs my help more too.

All of the above has already been going on, but then we hit a hole in the road with a bit of a financial thing out of the blue. No fabric buying for a while. lol....

Ok, on to better things. I hope all of you show pictures when you finish your quilts. I can't wait to see them. I still love going back and seeing the past blocks. Someday when I get mine done, and put together in a quilt, I will put up a picture. I don't think I have enjoyed anything on the quilting board as much as I have joined this quilt a long.

This is Monday, so have a great weekend everyone!!!!!