View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 04:28 PM
Onetomatoplant

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
It is because your iPhone stopped up dating - I had the iPhone 4 too and all of sudden I was not getting things on the Joann's app, or my Starbuck's app, and Target. At first I thought it was the result of all my data space was used up, so I dumped a lot of old pictures and some apps I was not using and it didn't help. I do think it is Safari that prevents the updates. I got some odd messages telling me that I didn't have the current operating service and as a result couldn't up-date.
Supposedly there is a class action case going about the Iphone4, since it forces people to replace the phone since it won't update. I didn't want to wait so went with the iPhone 6.
Those ratfinks! I thought it might be something related. I'd love to get an iPhone 6, but I can't yet wrap my mind around paying that much for a phone. I have AT&T (and they're the only company that has good cell service at our house), so it seems like it's even more than if we had Sprint or someone else. The day will come, though.

I love technology and having 24/7 access to Google, but it's sad that a 5-year old phone is obsolete. My MIL is still using her old rotary dial phone from 1960, and it still works.