Old 04-26-2016, 12:05 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Hi Jackie,

I don't know if Honchey will see your post or not, so I will try to answer your question. This thread is from the second week of a quilt-along of the Farmer's Wife Sampler (FMS) third book, the 30's patterns. The group is now in its 35th week, out of 50... I joined in late, just a few weeks ago, so I am trying to catch up with some of the older blocks. That's why my post is so much later than the ones before it.

Every Tuesday the new week's thread is posted in the "Block of the Week and Month" section. You can find all the older weeks with a search.

If you'd like to join in, there are still some of us newbies who have recently started too, plus some of the original people still working on their blocks. The book is by Laurie Aaron Hird and the full title is "The Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt". It comes with a CD that gives you both templates with rotary cutting measurements, AND paper piecing patterns if you prefer to do the blocks that way. I learned paper piecing just so I could make these beautiful blocks.

There is also an ongoing thread for discussion of all three books found here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t206507.html