Old 04-27-2016, 03:16 AM
JuneBillie
Power Poster

Yes, it will be my first baby quilt. I don't know if my son and daughter in law will ever have any children. My son is 43. They spoke before of adoption, but I think they worry about the economy. When I was little people just had their families, and they made it somehow. I had just the right fabric for this baby quilt, and I love to hand embroider. I had a lot of embroidery thread that was mom's. This nurse we have known for a long time, and she is young so when I heard she was going to have another one I waited to see what she was going to have. So it's for a little girl. The little girl is here.

I think too I will later keep my eyes open for civil war fabrics to collect a piece here and there, and later make one.

I have been through that too with dogs. We had one dog for about 10 years our little Buddy. I am surprised he lived that long, because about 5 years ago he wondered off the wrong way, and was shot by someone. We didn't see him for 2 weeks, and I thought we would never see him again. It was right before one Christmas. We both prayed to see him again, but my husband really prayed. One night I hears something and went out on the front porch and seen him struggling walking against the front of the house. My husband picked him up, and took him to the vet. The vet said he didn't know how he was alive, because after an x-ray it showed all this buck shot or whatever you call it in his head. It left him blind, and the vet gave us meds for his pain, and inflammation, with special salve to rub in his eyes. Later he learned his way around everything and went on for more years until this past year, and became suddenly so sick, and he died in my arms. The vet said it had to be God why he was still here. back then.