Old 01-26-2010, 12:54 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I just finished this last night, having started it a couple of days ago. I used some scraps of batik given to me by a neighbour of my Mum's - I would never of dreamed of buying these, they're so bright, but now I love them! :-D I made the string blocks inspired by Bonnie on www.quiltville.com but I used fusible batting as well as cotton foundation squares, then I joined the blocks QAYG using this method (thanks Butterflywing!)

http://welshquilter.blogspot.com/200...as-you-go.html

I had a strip not completely sewn under the sashing that I didn't spot until sewing on the binding so I appliquéd a heart to hide it, then a few more because it looked odd on it's own! I sewed in two corner pockets to insert a dowl for hanging - saw this somewhere on the net a while ago and this is the first time I tried it - it works great! The blocks are 6" finished and the hanging is 24" square. :-D

The back - don't know why I did the strips in black though, white would have been better!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39899[/ATTACH]

corner pocket - a square folded in half and sewn under the binding
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39900[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-39899.jpe   attachment-39900.jpe   attachment-58047.jpe