Thread: so happy
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 07:48 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Lynnie, what kind of aprons do you make? I bought some vintagey looking fabric for aprons but need a design.

Glad you got the machine working again. Not all servicemen are equal! There are the good ones, and the ones who only do what's easy. Glad you found a good one.

I have two sergers... the original one I've had for 30 years that I use to finish inside edges on clothing I'm making, and a newer Elna serger that someone gave me because they couldn't figure out the tension. I can't get the tension to work right on that one either, but I leave it set up for rolled hemming and only use it for that. It does a beautiful rolled hem.

I only use my sergers for clothing construction-- mostly knits. If you are primarily a quilter you really don't need a serger. At the Paducah show I ran across a group of ladies sewing strips together on sergers... a "Charity Sew" with donated Moda jelly rolls. They were using sergers only to join the strips. I just didn't 'get it'. Seemed like overkill and a big waste of thread to me. But I think it was to promote the sergers.