Old 04-28-2016, 04:48 PM
PghPat

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
It is heavier than the 300/350 and quite a bit bigger, I mean a lot bigger, especially with the extension table in place. To my knowledge there isn't even a case that it will fit into because of the size of the carriage arm. Right now mine is sitting on two vintage machine cabinets set back to back.

I have no clue whether or not a dealer will take your 300 for a trade in. The SewItsForSale Yahoo group is a great place to sell your machine though.

Deb, I've seen them go for $1999 to $2399. One thing to think about before you trade in the 300/350 though - If you use the tiny hoop (the optional free arm hoop) a lot, keep your machine. The 500 as far as I know isn't going to have a hoop that small. while I love the larger hoops on the 500, I'm gonna keep my 350 because I use that tiny hoop quite a bit. My 200 has both the 5.5 and the 2 inch hoop and I used both of them equally as often. That machine will either be sold or given to one of my girls.

Cari
Somewhere on one of the threads I read that the foot print on the 500 is 24 x 27 - would you say that it right? I need to do some measuring to see how it would fit where I would have to put it. TIA