Old 04-29-2016, 02:52 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post

The cabinet, motor and light are not original to the machine, it used to be a treadle. It's a model 27, one of 50,000 commissioned 10-5-1905. Cari
In addition to what Cari said, this would be a project machine as there are pieces missing (at least from the pictures). The pieces missing are the bobbin winder, shuttle and front slide. It has a "Singer" motor, so I'm thinking that possibly it might have a motor boss and if so would be easy to put on a hand crank. Sew-classic has the bobbins, slide plate and hand crank. Shuttle and bobbin winder would have to be gotten elsewhere. Because of the location of the mounting point of where the bobbin winder would go one would have to figure out how to get the bobbin winder to work with either motor belt or hand crank. The electrified 27 that I have has the bobbin winder mounted near the hand wheel and the treadle 27 that I have has the bobbin winder mounted lower on the pillar.

I'm sure that the machine could be made to sew again. There is a great deal of satisfaction, for me, to get these old sewing machines back into working condition.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 04-29-2016 at 02:55 AM.