Old 01-26-2010, 04:46 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honey
Well, I now have two empty good sized bedrooms. What the heck, the kids can sleep on the floor when they visit :oops: But seriously, i guess I'm not sure how much I would keep. If it was stuff I really loved, I would try to keep most of it. If it was stuff that I liked, but not loved, I think I would keep some and take some to my quilt group to share. If it started really getting in the way or I got to a point where I knew I wouldn't use it, then I would start sorting and divesting because there is always going to be new stuff that I am just going to have to have. Besides, it would be fun to see what others would make of it and I like to share.
I agree totally...A PLAN!
I'm a great planner, lol,...just have to implement:wink:
1-loves and permanently adopts
2-likes and shares
3-definitely finds it a new home

just bc I have family that have went to outrageous means by "my" perspective, (they CAN do what they want as long as they are not breaking the law, lol)...
just bc I am related to them, does not mean I have to:
monkey see, monkey do :lol:
I just thought it would be interesting to know how ppl 'resist the urges'. I thought this would be a lighthearted laugh at ourselves.
I have to laugh at my own creative 'savings', but i do have a limit.
If I come across something this year, that I positively have to have to just 'make', that special project I have planned,...I'll give away something to make room.
That is how I would talk my youngest into keeping down the piles in her room.
"Sweetie if you pick out two things, we can give away, you'll have room to get something new."
It worked somewhat...when she got married and I cleaned out her bedroom, she still had special shiny foil wrappers from kindergarten.
Maybe she'll take up quilting when her wee ones are just a bit older.
She has already shown a small interest in sewing some clothes.
A mother can dream... :wink: and share, if she gets serious :!: :wink:
(I would truly LOVE that!) :-D