View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 03:35 AM
Helenq

A Note to so... many!
First Thank You for all your sweet comments.
I thought it might be better to write to everyone to answer some questions:

**This is only my second Vintage piece and am working on the third now---so I am no expert but think knowing some freemotion quilting helps.
**This is can be done on a domestic however I do have a longarm--which is easier for me to use since I am use to it. But know several do on their domestic.
**I used water soluble markers, stencils and rulers to create the designs on this and the other one. If you have not seen it--it is posted on my blog page towards the bottom (just scroll down- Called "Second Chances"). Also it was posted on QB a few weeks back.
** The Godmother of Vintage Quilting is Cindy Needham- If you google her you will find allot! I hope to take a class from her someday.
** I really do not have a technique when purchasing Vintage or using what I own---I just pick pieces that I like.
** I think Kelly Cline has a video (pay) on QNNTV.com about this too. However I have not seen it yet.

I will look back here often today to see if there are more questions. Plus you can always PM me too.

Till We Quilt Again,
Helen