View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 07:15 AM
letawellman

JuanitaBean, you are in my prayers. I know what you're going through, as a couple of years ago, we had 6 deaths in our family within just a few months, two of which were both of my parents. And, yes, we could not have made it without a loving heavenly Father!

I finished Oakley's quilt, and took it with me when I went to Raleigh to spend the week with him and his new baby sister Ellie. I didn't sew a single stitch, as I was too busy soaking up all the baby and toddler love!! Oakley loves his quilt, as he is "truck-crazy".

So, this will take care of my minimum of 1 UFO per month. I stitched around all the cars and trucks, and then did "pebbles" to simulate a gravel road. The borders have piano-key stitching. I apologize that the pics are not all that great - I dropped my phone, and think it's in dire need of replacement.

I'm trying to decide if I want to load the R/W/B Lone Star or a different quilt on the frame now. The Lone Star will be "custom" quilted, but if I want to finish a couple of others "quick", I have 2 or 3 that would do just fine with pantographs... which now that I think about it, is probably what I will do. I'd forgotten how tiring it is to deal with an almost-two-year-old while also taking care of a newborn. Whew! I need a rest!!

Anyway, here's Oakley's quilt.
Attached Thumbnails cars_quilt1.jpg   cars_quilt2.jpg