Old 05-01-2016, 01:09 PM
skdenbow

Default Quilt Machine / Quilt - Embroidery Machine / Longarm Machine???

I do not know if this is the correct category to post this in, but I wanted to ask opinions. I have a Brother XR1355 Sewing Quilting machine. It is not the lowest end machine, but definitely not the most high end either. My husband suggested that I consider a new machine and told me to research. Of course, my research, up to date, has been with dealers. I quickly found they will boast of their own highest price machine. I used to do quilting years ago, but then life stepped in and I had to go back to school and work to raise my three girls on my own. Now, 20 years later, I am coming back to quilting and purchased a Brother machine and it has been great as far as sewing clothes, bedding, etc. I am not sure that it is the best for quilting as it does not have a large throat nor does it have hoops, etc. I have since looked at Brother Sewing Embroidery machines, as well as Baby lock. I went to a quilt show yesterday and a women mentioned that I should definitely check out Jenome and look into long arms. My mission for the next year or so, is to make family quilts which will essentially be raw edge applique blocks with quilting finishing for family members. They will end up being fairly large.

Anyone have any thoughts on the right type of machine or what is overkill or ??? Opinions and advice would be greatly welcomed! Thanks