View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 06:37 AM
Katrine

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
What a beautiful way to start the morning! Looking at such a gorgeous garden. It is so inspirational! I especially love tiered effect of the hanging red dragon wing begonias and the blue lobelia and bacopa underneath..... stunning! The fuschias are just beautiful. I am not able to grow those very well in Nebraska. It is too warm, humid and mostly windy! I also love to see the scaveola... I have been using more of that in my garden. It is so foolproof. But.... I have to say that my absolute favorite is the use of the moss covered rocks for bed edging! I want to have mossy rocks in my garden, but again, it is Nebraska and I don't have much shade! I am trying to start a small moss garden on the north of my garden shed. It has been minimally successful. Tell your husband that it has been a pleasure to have a virtual tour of your garden! Many thanks.
The red dragonwings, lobelia and bacopa were done because they are the colours of the French flag!
And we sure have plenty of moss here. Too much in fact - with the oak and chestnut forests we have plenty of humidity. We used to power-wash some of the moss off the old bread oven at the front and patio area, but it's as bad again in a couple of months, just a waste of water, so now we live with it.
I love the scaveola too, it usually flowers until end October here and looks wonderful with pink or red geraniums.