Old 05-03-2016, 07:43 AM
ShirlinAZ

I am a big fan of "single purpose" machines. Of course any regular domestic sewing machine will quilt, and I've quilted many queen and king size quilts on my Pfaff, Brother, and Singer treadle dsms. I love to embroider, and I have a Brother embroidery machine, not horribly expensive. I also love to free motion quilt, so I splurged and bought a sit-down quilting machine, Babylock Tiara. I would have a long arm on a frame if I had room for it. I enjoy all my toys and would replace any or all of them if necessary, but I could only afford to replace them one at a time. I would not buy a sewing/embroidery combination machine to be my only machine as they are too expensive. Also, if the machine required repair/replacement I would be without both while it was in the shop. Then what would I do? While my single use embroidery machine was in the shop (3 weeks) I was still able to piece tops and to quilt. I can't imagine not being able to sew at all while my multi-purpose machine was in the shop. But then I go into withdrawals any time I go a day without sewing.