View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 03:27 PM
wildyard

Another fun thing to do with acrylic paint is to go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of flower pots and let them decorate the pots. If you bring a good glue, they can also collect things around the area such as small pebbles and seeds and grass heads for the decorations. These can be used for containers on dressers or to hold makeup and such in the bathroom. Also, for bigger pots, you can collect your remote controllers in one. Lots of uses. I used one on my kitchen sink to toss in sponges and scratchers as they would drain thru the bottom hole rather than collect scum in the bottom like a regular container would do.

Also, another thing I did with my grand kids when they were a little older was to get a container of white wall putty. Have a plastic or paper plate for mixing colors available. Buy at the dollar store or have people who have them already bring them along, stencil forms that are fairly simple.
Mix a very small amount of putty with a dab of paint then dab with a toothpick or stick until the area of the stencil is covered well. Mix a new colored putty for each area. Attached is a photo of this technique used on some rocks in my garden. The putty gives the raised areas and dries rock hard.
Attached Thumbnails 10399550_1096560769773_2520_n.jpg   10399550_1096560929777_3775_n.jpg  

Last edited by wildyard; 05-03-2016 at 03:40 PM.