View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 02:18 AM
ladysuds

Default Longarm take down

Originally Posted by mardilee View Post
Hi, quilting board members. May I have your opinion. I'm moving soon and am taking my Handiquilter Avante with me to my new home. My dealer (about 2 hours away from my current place) wants $300 to come to my home and take my machine down. He is not transporting it, nor will he set it up in the new place. Is that a fair price? Should I try to take it apart myself? The instruction manual shows how to set it up. I could just follow the directions backwards. What do you think? Sadly, I have no handy husband to help me out. I'm on my own. Thanks for your opinions.
I have taken apart my gammill now five times..it takes some thought ..take pics as you go along..put matching labels where the parts are going to go back together. Not sure about yours but mine has steel bars and they are real heavy. I put a table under the bed of mine ( a six foot portable table) and took the ends off and then the bed rested on this table.if you have steel bars you will need some assistance to move the table..mine had steel bars all the way down the table underneath and so therefore that part was pretty heavy. All else was pretty manageable. Good luck ! I think you can do it..seems expensive for what you are getting..