Old 05-04-2016, 08:25 AM
JuneBillie
Power Poster

Sewbizgirl all of your quilts are so pretty, and beautiful colors. I know you stay very busy. Marty is such a sweetie. What type dog is he? All dogs are mostly one type though, and that is lovable.

JanRN your quilt is looking amazing. It's a treat to get to see them in a quit.

I got my last house plant re-potted today. Now if they all keep growing. One of the plants I re-potted I just don't know. It's a cactus. One of those type with tiny fuzzy sticky things that will irritate your skin, and it grows upward tall and lanky looking.

Dad gave me this little piece cut off of the bigger one mom had in their kitchen window before dad had to go into the nursing home. He told me this story of how mom's oldest sister who is no longer with us gave her hers as a tiny one when she came to visit from Chicago, and I don't know where she got it from. Mom never told me anything about it. Dad said to plant it in some soil mixed with sand. Well I did, and now it's about a foot tall.

I looked it up the other day, and it says it can grow up to 30 feet tall. That must be like if planted out doors in Arizona or somewhere, but it wouldn't make it outside where I live. So it's a potted plant that I have inherited. I feel like I am indebted to it now to keep it on in the family. If it gets to where I can't handle it later guess who I will pass it on too? My dear son. I will pass the story on to him too.