Old 05-04-2016, 08:32 AM
givio

Jan! I recognize some of those patterns as ones I've made, but I don't remember making some of the other ones... Are those a mixture of the first FWS and the FWS we are doing presently? Or are some of the blocks ones later in the book? Wow, I'm confused... I remember you substituting the heart, and star for blocks you didn't want to do. But there are several other ones I don't recognize. Lovely, healthy grass, by the way! :-)

Susan, we have a similar story in our family. My aunt was in kindergarten and her teacher had each student root a begonia leaf, then plant it in a cup to give as a gift to their mother for Mother's Day. My grandmother kept the plant for years. She re-potted it several times and it grew huge, about 3 feet in diameter. When she died, it went to my mother. My mother had troubles keeping it healthy, and she gave it to my sister, who has a green thumb. My sister tried to discover the variety it was, and ended up taking it to Michigan State University's Horticultural Department, where it was identified. Under my sister's care, it was the first time we saw it bloom. During our lifetime, it was always a part of grandma's home, and we thought it could only be green. My sister rooted pieces of it for my other sister and myself. My son loved it growing up, and the story behind it, and asked for a rooting after establishing his household. The 'mother' plant has been in our family these four generations, and more than 100 years.

Last edited by givio; 05-04-2016 at 08:42 AM.