Old 05-05-2016, 01:20 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

YOU CAN PLAN the day, and it will happen very differently. How many knew it was National Prayer Day? It was and the Mennonites did not open their stores today....Lots of people were discovering that as they pulled up to park as we did. Poor store will will filled tomorrow, with people shopping for Mother's Day We came back home and I fried chicken with Broccoli and baked potatoe and gravy for lunch. After lunch Patty and I gathered rhubarb for her and her large family.

We spent the afternoon planting the plants I picked up last Tuesday in K. Three flats of marigolds, cock's comb and snap dragons are planted in dh's Iris bed . Have the Clematis and other plants to do tomorrow. No QB work until they are planted.

DS sent me an unusual Mother's Day gift. One) it was addressed to him at this address, so dh called to let them know, DS called me and said 'It's your Mother's Day Gift'. When Patty and I got to my house, DH had opened it up, not understanding whom it was for....and did not understand the gift. Growing up with foster grandparent in the old days before TV & cell phones, we spent many a snowy night in Southern Iowa playing cards and Dominoes. They were very proud of their double twelves and we kids learned how to add up figures quickly in playing them... Then a friend said she had found double 15s; i bought some and DS and I conversed about them at our 50th party. He said he had seen a higher than that... so DS sent me a Mexican Domino set of double eighteens. (no instructions, jsut the turning 'round house' to start the game into action.) Any domino players out there?