View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 05:46 PM
meyert

I don't know what kind of drama you are dealing with, and its too bad that it has you down. I do understand your feelings, but that doesn't mean they are accurate. Even if the quilt is never used and put in a closet that doesn't mean that sometime in the future it will not be pulled out.

I have a quilt all made and ready to gift and part of me is afraid the recipient will think "why did you give me this?" Well honestly, I can't help myself I have to sew - I have a sickness ha ha So I don't know if the gift will be appreciated, but I know that I felt like I had to make it.

I will echo some of the other answers you received. Quilt because you want to. If you are feeling negative about it, then take a break.

I know that I like to do Quilts For Kids. They are small and simple quilts, so they are not a huge commitment. And knowing that a sick child will receive the quilts makes me enjoy the quilting even more. They will send quilt kits to you for free - you only have to pay for the shipping - so I don't have to invest much into them