View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 09:50 AM
rryder

I use a 60 mm for just about everything. I lucked out a few years ago and from Ebay snagged 3 Olfa 60mm stick style cutters, along with a pair of Olfa appliqué scissors, 2 boxes of 3 60mm Olfa replacement blades and a box of 10 Olfa 60mm replacement blades all for $35 including shipping. I gave one of the 60mm cutters and some replacement blades to a friend who quilts. One of the 60mms stays with my big cutting mat that's in another room along with my Sizzix Big Shot Pro.

I have a 45mm Olfa with the ergonomic handle that I sometimes use for quick square ups on the small cutting mat that I keep next to my sewing machine, but I really am more comfortable with the 60mm stick.

Aside from the fact that I prefer the old fashioned stick style cutters over the newer ergonomic ones, I like the 60mm because it just seems to go a little more quickly since the blade is larger and I can cut through 6 to 8 layers of fabric easily and accurately with it.

Rob<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Last edited by rryder; 05-08-2016 at 09:52 AM.