Old 05-08-2016, 02:17 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Not quilt the Mother's Day you wanted Bev, but at least you are there for her. Hope you mom improves quickly.

Today my daughter is here and we planned out and started an adorable baby quilt for her friend's new baby. Friend lives in England and daughter is soon going to visit her, so we had to get this quilt done quick! We got the hard part of it done today... all the planning and making the big applique for the center. I will finish it up this week and send it to my daughter to take on her trip. It's so cute. I'll show you all when it's done.

So we were talking about quilting with our daughters, remember? And for this Mother's Day I got to quilt with my daughter! She's not generally interested until she has a need or a project she wants to get made... then she's interested! I'm still doing all the sewing, but at least this time she sat and watched the way I did everything and maybe now she sees it's not so hard and will try on her own some time. I hope so. She's very creative and I think it will give her a lot of pleasure.