View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 03:25 PM
donna13350

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
Thanks for the info! Just googled that question and many responses say this same thing. I always do get up to iron, now I'll add a few more steps!

Will a different outlet in the same room be alright? Some say to use a different circuit and not sure if that means not to use an outlet in same room.
That depends on how your house was wired, and when. The only way to know is to look at your breakers and see how they are labeled. If you only have one breaker that is for your sewing room, then all of your outlets in that room are all on the same circuit. If you have more than one breaker for the same room, then you have more than one circuit.
In my living room, for instance, I have two breakers, one is labeled "LR...south wall, ceiling", and the other is labeled " LR, east, west, north walls". I have 4 breakers for my kitchen, and 2 for the bathroom, but it is all fairly new wiring.
I had a house one time where the entire house was on one circuit! You could not plug 2 things in at the same time, or you'd blow a fuse!