View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Bernina94

Thanks to all who have continued to contribute and stick up for the work that I'm attempting! I really appreciate it. To be clear, this is a paper on a topic that I chose to pursue, for a class that I have a genuine interest in. I am only very recently acquainted with quilting, and @Daylesewblessed I understand what you're saying about the importance of an actual experience in the intimacy of quilting and communing with other quilters, but what I am seeking is to get a better understanding of the marriage of digital technology to the quilting world, and hear stories of camaraderie and creativity fostered through online spaces such as this. Most research is done because one realizes how little one knows about something, then seeks to learn more. It would be asking a lot for me to have figured out everything I need to know about the in's and out's of quilting in all of its nuances by the end of a semester-long course, but it has sparked an interest in me. It seems that many people are taken aback by the course title - which I had no control over. I have been asked to focus on what interests me and hope to hear from real people who are willing to share with me as primary sources - not subjects. @Nanny's Dollface, this is only to be read by my professor. This is for a women's studies course, and the paper is much less interested in empirical data than simply providing a little taste of different people's experiences with engaging in online spaces for quilters. Anyone who chooses with their free will to answer any of my interview questions (as this is more of a mass interview than a survey - much more individualized in responses) does so only to further my knowledge and that of my professor. There is no hypothesis, because as aforementioned, this research assignment is really just to gain insight to this use of technology for quilters. I'm not running any tests, and there's no control group. This is an interview. I respect your concerns, and I assure you that I am only using responses of those who choose to participate. Emphasis on choice. Also, if anyone feels uncomfortable responding in the thread, please feel free to message me personally.

Last edited by Bernina94; 05-09-2016 at 07:15 PM.