View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 05:11 AM
EmiliasNana

I have my machines plugged into a battery powered generator that is plugged into the wall, but will protect it from power surges and power outages. We are on an electric co-op in the country and I wasn't going to take any chances. Last week the wind caused the power to flicker and go out for a few seconds. The only way I could tell was the overhead light went out for about 5 seconds, but the machines continued to sew evenly. I don't remember the cost but I think it was about $50-60 for peace of mind. I think it will hold the power for 6-8 minutes and then sound an alarm so you can unplug your machines. We have a whole house generator that takes over after losing power for 5 minutes, so have never used that feature. I'm sure I heard about this type generator from someone on the board who recommended all long armers should have their machines plugged into something like this. So much valuable information on this board. Never would have thought about power surges within the house, but it makes sense Onebyone. My iron is on a different circuit breaker.