View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 01:01 PM
mountain-moma

I have a good one My Sister's Grandson was getting married and I thought would make him and his wife a quilt for their wedding gift and I did.So me and my oldest Sister went to stay the night before in my other Sister's house since she was going to be out of town so we wouldn't have to travel so early the next morning the day of the wedding and we did we had went out to dinner and done some shopping had a wonderful time,,So later that evening my Hubby called and said I had forgot their quilt and he would have had to travel 2 hours to bring it to me So i told my Sister's GS and his wife the day of the wedding I had made them a quilt for a wedding gift and they seem so happy that i had and I told him when he came to visit his other grandmother which lives close by where I live to stop by and pick it up and they both said sure,,,Well my Sister his GM has since then pass away and he has been by my house many,many times but never offer to stop by and pick his gift up I still have the quilt in the gift bag then I begin to think of the time and the money I paid for the fabric I brought and hours I put in that quilt and I made it in the colors their bedroom was in Which my Sister had told me the colors of their bedroom and to think they haven't even offer to stop and get.I come from a Big family my Mom had 14 children so you can imagine how many Grand kids she had 34 in all I have made nearly all of them a quilt for wedding gifts But this one was for my Mom's Great G kid. Now here is the thing of it That was 7 years ago guess what I will not do that again,,,Wish my bedroom was in those colors I made the quilt a Queen size that's the size of my bed also I will keep it and maybe one day I will do my guess bedroom in those colors Lavender,Sage Green,Creme ,,,Don't that take the cake Vent over ,,,By the way I love this thread,,,Blessings