View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 07:46 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I like your quilt too, but I can definitely understand where you are coming from. I made a quilt that I absolutely hated once it got to the stage yours is. It ended up languishing in my UFO pile for years, like over ten!! When I got my longarm I needed something to practice on and guess what got dug out of the UFO pile. I did like it a little better after quilting it. I still deemed it a WOMBAT (Waste of Money Batting and Time) but then my friend saw it and she absolutely loved it. I bound it up and happily gifted it to her. That quilt is pictured here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...rm-t77776.html

Moral of story, one man's trash is another man's treasure. If it pains you to keep it around as a UFO and you can't bring yourself to take the additional time, effort and $$ to quilt it then gift it to someone or sell it as a top on Ebay or ETSY or even here. You probably won't make what you have invested in fabric but it won't be a total loss. New longarmers will snap it up as a quilt to practice on. Or you can save it to practice FMQ on or if you someday get a longarm you can practice. The beauty of practicing on a quilt you abhor is you don't care if you ruin it!

Don't throw it out, there are many people who would love to have it even in its unfinished state.