Old 05-12-2016, 06:00 AM
carriem

Hi All I had a nice Mother's Day weekend. Friday night I had a Ladies Retreat with women from church (not Mother's day related, but started the weekend off nicely). Saturday morning my mom, youngest sister and I went to a "mother-daughter brunch" that my sister invited us to. It was put on by a group called House of Hope (place for struggling women to go and get a break, encouragement, etc...has made a huge difference in my sister's life). That was a special time for us all to be together. Then Sunday afternoon my oldest daughter came for a visit. After that we went to my mom's for supper and a good visit...my sister and her family were there. We have 2 other sisters but they both live out of state.

I haven't done any sewing for a couple weeks now...waiting for my machine to get back from being serviced. I did cut some fabrics for some paper piecing blocks. Need to cut for a baby quilt (sister in NC had her 4th child last week)....I'll have to use one of my other machines to get it sewn up for my mom to take with her when she goes to visit.

Praying for those with health issues or family members with things going on right now. Never any fun. I've had a headache (a couple days with migraines) since Saturday, so that has made this a long week.

Did I tell you that we got a new puppy? She keeps us busy! She's almost 16 weeks old and around 30lbs already. Her name is Mildred. We have two older dogs (sisters)...they are about 6 1/2yrs. Beatrice and Ginger. Ginger was diagnosed with bone cancer a couple months ago so not doing too well these days. Mildred perks her up though so that is nice to see.

1st picture is the day we brought her home (3 weeks ago on my birthday). 3rd picture is my daughter holding Mildred. Ginger is on the left (you can see the tumor on her back leg) and Beatrice on the right. It is hard to get a picture of all three together (believe me we've tried!!) lol
Attached Thumbnails img_0383.jpg   img_0457.jpg   img_0444.jpg