Old 05-13-2016, 10:11 AM
Freaky_Quilts_Dragon

Tahnk you for the replies!

miriam, the new electronic controller is wired exactly the same way as the old carbon pile one. I know because I just took the carbon pile one off of the end of the wire and put the electronic one on. The only rewiring was at the pedal itself. When I wired up the light, motor, pedal I checked checked and checked some more that the connections where in the right place and everything worked properly.

Thank you Mickey2 for the link. I have seen and read it, and I really wanted to do that but when I opened my pedal up to check it's condition I found the carbon piles where permanently installed in the ceramic insulator: the manufacturer used rivets on the metal plates at the ends and they aren't coming off. I actually had good speed control with that pedal and I liked it, it just got too hot with the continuous use during FMQ. It would probably be fine with stop and go work.

Right now I'm looking for a dimmer for the new pedal. All of the good ones cost at least $16, which is frustrating because with the cost of the new pedal it would put the same price of a vintage 1.3 amp electronic Singer pedal I'd had my eye on which would probably have worked perfectly for me. I went with the cheaper pedal so I could spend the savings on attachments that would make sewing easier. *sigh* Technology: Making life simpler by making it more complicated.

Seriously considering just putting the Pfaff 130 in my treadle cabinet and the motor in a drawer. The Pfaff cabinet would make a nice work table for my BF and me.