View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 05:18 AM
Fastpedal

Quilting is something I do because I love to make quilts. I made my first quilt, a log cabin, starting in 1979 using a yard stick and sissors to cut out the logs. Made a few blocks, was discouraged because it wasn't going together perfectly. Joined the workforce and put it away. Ten years later a friend introduced me to the rotary cutter. My how the rotary cutter changed quilting and my life. My first quilts were hand quilted, tied or SID. Then I discovered ways to quilt designs with my DSM. Now I have a Sit Down machine.

I can do some free motion quilting but I am not good at it (and feel I would rather make quilts for people undergoing serious health problems thanuse the time to learn to FMQ) and prefer to use pentagrams. To have the attitude that unless you are a FMQer your are not a quilter is arrogance on that person's part. Don't let anyone make you feel you are less of a quilter because you do not FMQ. Why take the joy another person gets from her quilting away from her and make her feel inferior. May you continue to love what you do the way YOU want to do it.

Below is a picture of a recent quilt I finished with a pentagram.
Attached Thumbnails string-quilt.jpg