Thread: Quilts of Valor
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 07:46 AM
linda8450

We have two local guilds that are very active in QOV. The regional (Southern AL/WIregrass area includes parts of FL and GA) is actually in both groups and a friend of mine. I have attended several presentations. If you want to present them yourselves, without official QOV representation, that is fine. However if you contact the organization, they have a lot of resources. The Lions Club usually hosts the dinner for ours, but the last presentation had 250 plus people (the presented special handicapped bikes from Wounded Veterans at this event as well) the dinner was catered but not paid for by our group. They even had about 60 Junior ROTC members in full uniform that presented the colors and sat 2 to a table throughout the room. I attended one presentation at Ft. Rucker with the regional rep and just 3 of us went to present quilts outdoors (they had a bbq and we were invited but we did not stay) That event was a turkey shoot on base. Several local organizations might be more than willing to help you host so the cost is not on your guild. Lions, Moose, VFW halls, etc should all be contacted before you spend your money, after all, you are donating the quilts.