Old 01-26-2010, 01:42 PM
butterflywing

i have plenty of space and can always find more, so don't worry, mouse.

i donate money to charity and have them use it for basic necessities like medications and hospice care, baby needs and toys.

the charities where i live don't want fabrics, they want finished products. they have trouble getting people with sewing skills who have the time to sew for them. when they get money it goes towards bibs, blankies, stuffed toys, cribsheets, etc.

shelters here want teenage stuff like jeans and sneakers. for kids they need plastic toys and games. fabrics are only appreciated by the performing arts schools, and they are even picky. they'd rather have older clothes that they can use as costumes.

your extra fabric can be donated to a guild to be made into a raffle quilt. the money can be donated to a charity. it's always about $$.

quilts for vets is a good cause because the recipient is old enough to understand that someone personally made it for them. but babies don't know that, and what gets spent on fabric for a charity baby quilt could be donated in money and MAYBE used in a different way.

i'm sorry if i hurt anyone. that's just my take on this.