View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 07:50 AM
dray965

My thought exactly waltonalice.

I'm trying an experiment to see whether that my computer screen colors match with an online store's fabric images in realality.

I'll take my quilt design with color that come from my stash. Then I'll go to the online quilt store and pull up their swatches, find what I want and input to my computer.

After that I'll import it to sketchbook and magnify my design to the point that I can drag it over to that store's color in the fabric palette to see if it matches.

I've already done this with a yellow from the Connecting Thread site and a few of their other fabrics that I already had. It was true to what I expected. However, I don't know about all their fabrics nor about other online store fabrice. But seems to me it should be consistent with what I've already seen.

Again, it may just be my computer's display settings and my camera.

But as you stated, even if not, it will give a good idea of what the design will be with those fabrics. The consistency in what you're seeing on your screen WILL be consistent to that extent.

I also need to add that the SHAPE of the photo I took was SQUARE. I didn't use the regular photo setting on my phone's camera (iPhone). I found that the regular shape, while still useful, had a clip that my EQ7 tiled to a square with a narrow rectangle-edge up the right side. It was not bothersome, but the square setting was better.