Old 05-17-2016, 05:44 AM
waltonalice

Default Sewing surface for free motion on Pfaff Expression

I've got a Westalee free motion foot, a couple of rulers, and a video by Patsy Thompson, but she assures me that I need a large plastic surface which should surround the sewing arm to make a flat area for free motion ruler work. I've found several varieties of these table in Nancy's Notions by Sew Steady, but I'm not sure just how extensive a table that I need. I'd love to have people who have used the basic, deluxe, and wish table (with the built-in drawer) give their opinions about the style they chose. Additionally, I note that there is "an up-to 4 week" waiting period to get the table delivered, which seems to be a fairly long time. Has anyone recently ordered one and how long did it actually talk to arrive? Lastly, I tried to Google sewing cabinets for the Expression and found only limited information. The cabinets shown don't seem to address the need for a flat surface around the arm of the machine, that is what's left after you slide off the drawer section of the sewing machine, so the plastic extension table seems be the only real answer to the need for a flat surface. Thanks ahead of time for any information that you all can share.