View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 01:41 PM
SherylM

Originally Posted by tranum
I use an old formica kitchen table with 1 leaf. It's on bed risers and my large 58 x 40 cutting mat fits perfectly. I'm 5' 6" and it fits me just fine. We downsized 3 years ago and I wasn't parting with that old table, no matter what. I have tote storage below.

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I have our old oak table from the breakfast room of the other house. It was too big for the breakfast room in this house, so I put it upstairs on bed risers and use it for cutting. It has 2 leaves in it so it's really long and works great. I have a large mat on it and use the underneath for totes, just like you do.
I have a similar set up in my basement, only with a 3' x 6' conference table that I bought at the thrift store for $20.00. Instead of risers, I bought some big cinder blocks and set it up on those. It's about 41" from the floor to the top of the table, and it's just perfect for me.

I don't have to lean over at all to cut - I can stand very comfortably and do whatever I have to do, but I do have a couple of stools down there too, though I hardly ever use them.

I'm thinking about getting a 4 x 8 piece of plywood and covering it with batting and fabric to make a REALLY BIG ironing surface to put on there when I have to iron wide backings. I made a "big board" for my ironing board, but it would be nice to have one that's bigger.

Last edited by SherylM; 05-17-2016 at 01:47 PM.