View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 11:17 AM
Weezy Rider

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
When I first started quilting signed up for every quilt class I could go to. I learned more about quilting classes then quilting. LOL If the teacher caters to the unprepared student and the rest of the class sits and waits. I speak up! I didn't use to but it's my time and money and I got over being nice and losing out. If the teacher isn't giving her full attention to the class I ask for my money back after the first half of the class. I don't wait her out. If the teacher is rude I say something immediately in front of the whole class. I've learned how to be a good class member too. I never say there is a faster or another way to do something then what is taught. There is always one person in the class that does this and no one cares to hear it. I don't try to use a regular ruler when a specialty ruler is recommended. I come prepared and on time. I don't ask to borrow. I don't chew gum or wear perfume. I turn my phone to silent.
If you add to that minding your own business and not pushing other class members to tell about their families or personal lives, I'll go for it. I want to hear the instructor, not a bunch of friends keeping up with the gossip about their families and creating distractions. Go out for lunch after if that's why you are using the class as a social hour.

Don't denigrate someone elses machine if it is that type of class, nor their color choice.