Old 01-26-2010, 03:05 PM
adriansmom

I started because of my mom. My mom retired back in 2001 and since she didn't want to just sit around, she decided to take up a hobby. As a child, she made a lot of clothes for herself and siblings (the oldest of 8) so she decided to take up some form of sewing. She made some baby stuff, and made me a jacket out of fleece which I stll have and love. Then, she made a tablerunner and that was it!! The quilting bug had struck! She used her savings and went and bought herself the top of the line Bernina (180E at the time), fabric, thread, etc.. and never looked back. Since mom and I have never had a good relationship, I decided to learn to sew so we would have a common interest and try to build a relationship. I had no interest in it and probably never would have started if not for my mom. We took a few classes together and I actually enjoyed it!! I am nowhere near as good as my mom. Her stuff is so good, you would think she's been doing this for 30yrs!! I am proud of what I do though. It took a little longer for me to be fully addicted, but I am there now!! Also, my mom and I have a great relationship now, even though we still have a few tiffs now and then.