Old 05-18-2016, 02:20 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

For me it might be easier to state what I do like about quilting:
designing the quilt or block
choosing the fabrics -- sometimes this can take a couple of hours as I fondle, audition, refold, restack and store, etc.!!
1. sewing the blocks
2. deciding on sashing/borders/embellishments
3. hand basting the sandwich -- (This is a sitting task. I do sitting well <snark> as I have pain on standing for more than a few minutes )
4. Depending on size, I sometimes enjoy the quilting if the project is baby size or smaller. I also enjoy deciding the quilting design, usually with straight lines, often in interesting patterns, but NEVER 'in the ditch' -- if I'm gonna do all that work, people had jolly well better be able to SEE it!!~
5. hand sewing down the binding
6. washing the finished quilt -- I always do this because I don't often wash my fabric first any more. That is too labor intensive for me now; the fabrics I use mostly are older, in my stash, have already been handled a lot with auditioning them for quilts, rearranging, sharing with classes, moving (lands, how much moving -- 10 moves in the past 20 years!!)
7. using/displaying my quilts/sharing at my guild's Show and Tell.

I'd love to have a quilting partner who loved the aspects I don't in quilting; we'd make a great team and get lots more done, I'd bet!! Wish someone would move here.

Jan in VA