Old 05-18-2016, 03:10 PM
IJustWant2Sew

Smile

Originally Posted by lotus63000 View Post
I'm an intermediate level for making quilt and I do have experiences sewing...........My old sewing machine was Kenmore. Its tension is off although my hubby installed a new tension part in it, but It still can't work right.
I had a kenmore years ago and it had that same problem. I spent more in repairs than it cost.

When I got back into sewing I got the Juki Exceed HZL F600. It is a very good machine. I made a blue jean quil.t with it and it did not hesitate to go over doubled up blue jean seams. I also made clothes with it and a few quilt tops. It has a fare amount of features and a beautiful stitch. It free motions nice.

Hubby felt the urge to buy me another machine and I chose the Pfaff Expressions 4.2. I have done about 15 quilt tops on it and have not had one ounce of problems. It was hard to get use to no manual foot lift. But now it is second nature! It has the bigger throat. It is a little out of the price you quoted but well worth it.

I decided to keep the Juki as a back up machine. Youtube has some good videos on both machines.