Thread: My "Studio"
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 03:17 PM
shawnan

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
I have a spare bedroom where I keep my fabric/patterns/tools - I sew in our never used living room - we now use our family room for family stuff!! :) One day I'll have a real sewing room - where all my stuff can be in one place - oh - I cut and iron in the dining room.
I'm just the opposite - I sew in the little-used family room with storage elsewhere. The washer/dryer is located there so I have a small "flip board" that fits on the washer for ironing/flip over for cutting. I have a large cutting table and large ironing board in the basement if needed.

Let's all be jealous: My best friend/quilting partner has an entire apartment just for her crafts and quilting!! When my friend bought the house, it had a strip of small apartments on the adjoining lot that they also bought. Her husband made two of them into his workshop (one for large tools like table saw; and one for little stuff like painting supplies and hand tools) They use one for storage, and she has the last one for her stuff. A kitchen for coffee pot etc. bathroom, and the one bedroom and living room for all the craft stuff. She is so lucky!