View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Lilaciris

[quote=MissTreated]Just finished this tumbling blocks for a baby quilt for a friend's shower this past weekend. Started it last Saturday, finished it this Friday night. Since I am such a batik ho, I had plenty in my stash to do the quilt, found it fairly satisfying. Made a trip to the store for background and backing. Due to pocketbook constraints, had to quilt it myself, but didn't do too badly.

I thought it fairly gender-neutral, and had a bit of a fright when picking out the background and the store clerk said, "well, obviously it's for a boy!" No one else agreed with her, so I blew off her comment.

Had a little discussion about the label in the "main" section of the forum and as the pictures show I made a label, but will not finish it until the baby is born. Didn't follow the advice of one of my smart azzed friends who said to just toss a sharpie in with the label and call it good. Uh, huh....

Wow, you made that in just a week? I love the tumbling block pattern but I am so afraid of the Y seams.

I love your idea for the quilt label.