View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 04:48 AM
DawnFurlong

All very interesting info. I think I am most bothered by the distortion of fabric along the ripped edges (sometimes several inches in). I can iron it out, cut it off. But sometimes that is more fabric than it need be, and fabric is expensive at LQS's!.

I have not had problems with my fabrics that were cut and not ripped prior to this store (first store to rip, I have been quilting for a good 12 or 13 years now). So I think I would prefer them to cut it. I will have to ask them the next time if they can cut it. If they want to give me a good 6 inches more fabric to compensate for those distorted edges, I could live with that. But I don't think they are going to want to give me that much extra!

I had one fabric in this last batch where I barely had enough for my pieces. I just eeked it out, having just a little bit of that distortion in my cut (it will be caught up in the seam allowance). It was the same amount of fabric as the other 6 colors, and I had enough on the other 6, which a few inches to spare. I was NOT happy with that. Fabric is too expensive to lose that much through ripping.