Old 01-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Esqmommy

Originally Posted by skjquiltnut
Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Here are my blocks for Week 5. The official week begins February 8th, so I'm posting these for those who are working ahead.

I must be honest...I hate the way I3 turned out...those circles just look plain weird.

RS6 is a challenge - I urge everyone to go to the Cutebuns tutorial on y-seams, and Lacelady's tutorial on inset seams. They are extremely helpful. My RS6 came out...good enough...but still far from perfect!! I hope we all are able to share tips of how we were able to achieve what we did. I will say for me the key was taking my time, not being impatient, and just going at it ever so slowly. I had the tutes up on the computer and just went back and forth with them.

For E2, I chose to use freezer paper applique. I pretty much followed the technique from "thatquilts" blog.

And same with D2. I did 'needleturn' applique and it worked like a charm! There are so many little curves and points. I just put the freezer paper on the right side of the print fabric, and turned under as I went along. They say "needle" turn, but I found I mostly used my fingernails!

And for those of you who haven't seen it yet, we have started a "virtual section" for all these cyber sew items. So you can go there and find the tutes I just referenced.
Sorry, where will I find the "virtual section?"
Hi - the virtual sections are on the bottom of the home page...under the user defined sections. Click on that, then click on the one that starts with Jane Stickle...when you get it, click on subscribe and you will get all the updates for the threads that are in that category.