View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 10:06 PM
elnan

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt View Post
You should try Facebook (to see if she has a page). There are also groups on Facebook, such as "Search Squad" which helps to find people. There are a lot of paid data bases ("Been Verified" is one that I can think of) that the search folks use. Also try Ancestry.com to see if she has a tree or appears on someone else's. You can often times track from there. Did you try "Whitepages.com" to see if there is actually a telephone listing? Sometimes the local library in the town you are searching in has city directories, phone books, etc. If it is a small town, sometimes calling town hall can get you a lead. (Tax records are public).
Let me know if you need anymore help. Good luck!
When she said "no social media" and didn't want any, I took that to mean Facebook.

It has always been my understanding that any genealogical site will not post information about a living person. It is far easier to find information on the dead than the living. As far as using Ancestry.com, but not having a subscription, the public library should have a basic subscription that can be accessed from home using your library card. The reference librarian can be an invaluable resource.