View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 01:06 PM
RAChhap

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj View Post
Hi Everyone,

Does anybody out there have one of these? What I really need to know is will one of these hold a quilt sandwich? I was gifted an embroidery card that contains quilting patterns and I wondered if I could use the hoop and this card to quilt some of my tops.

As we know quilt tops can be quite heavy and I can't see how the hoop would hold it in place.

As you know these hoops are pretty expensive and shipping to the UK will be quite high too so before I take the plunge I need to hear what you all think!

Hugs

Caroline
What brand machine do you have? If you have a local or close dealer wouldn't it be better to buy the hoop fro them rather than have it shipped? I have a huge hop for my Viking Diamond but haven't had time to figure out how to use it. I have done a little quilting on my 240x150 hoop though with no problems. The only time ihad a problem was the first time I tried it I used stabilizer not realizing how much trouble it would be to get all that stabilizer off!!There are still some l,ittle white flecks on the back of that quilt!