Old 05-24-2016, 08:27 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Looks great, Honchey. They are easy. I like how you can arrange them several ways too, to get different looking quilts.

I saw one with black and whites, alternated with bright colors. Really liked how that looked, maybe for a child's quilt.

Well I stayed up late last night, hand embroidering. It's been decades since I did any embroidery, but at the Paducah quilt show I saw a pattern I just had to make for my husband. The center panel is an embroidered piece, so I undertook the project! And I have to say, I love hand embroidery! Who knew it would be so enjoyable? I got all of the graphic embroidered yesterday afternoon and night. (My stem stitch leaves a lot to be desired!) Just the words left to go, and then I can sew it into the red/white/blue wall hanging.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]550744[/ATTACH]

I also bought another pattern at the show, for a quilt with 20 different embroidered blocks of flowers in baskets, alternated with 30's reproduction prints. It is so sweet! It's called Aunt Bea's Parlor. That's next on my hand embroidery list!

http://www.black-cat-creations.com/i...ils.php?id=113

When we were kids, my older sister's godmother sent her a hand made quilt. It had hand embroidered blocks for every state, with the state name, bird, and flower on each one. She alternated the blocks with pink gingham fabric. I loved that quilt so much... I think it left more of a lifelong impression on me than my sister. The Aunt Bea's Parlor quilt reminds me of it.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02472-small-.jpg