Thread: table runners
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 11:25 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

I've done craft shows for a number of years, beginning with my church's Holiday Fair, where I donated my items for sale and the money went to the church. In recent years, because my DH became disabled and I couldn't find work, I have been selling my things at my own craft table at those Holiday Fairs where I make some "mad money" to support my quilting habit. Sorry, I'm getting to the point. I have had good luck selling placemats in a set of 4, table runners and table toppers, as well as seasonal wall hangings. My advice would be to bring an assortment of those items with seasonal themes, fall, Christmas, Patriotic items as well as holiday themes, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, etc., etc. I would also do some with more generic themes, blue/white, spring and summer, I think you get my drift. I have made a lot of these items using the Jacob's Ladder block, Churn Dash, Hole in the Barn door, using unique type fabrics. Mary Ellen Hopkins always said that you use simple patterns, but dynamite fabrics and let the fabrics make the statement. I hope I have helped you in some small way. Good luck at your craft show. I also have made reversible table runners so they can get double duty.