Thread: fabric hoarding
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 03:27 PM
imsewnso

I was under the impression when I started quilting that you HAD to have a stash!!! Everyone had them and you weren't really a quilter if you didn't have. Well, I wish someone had convinced me not to buy all the pretty fabric I saw and thought I needed. I am now trying to downsize and finding it VERY DIFFICULT and extremely stressful. I will probably never use most of the fabric I have and have not and will not purchase more fabric without a specific need and pattern for it. Most of the fabric I have now is older and great for scrappy quilts, but I paid top dollar for it. Shame that it will be sold, given away and/or considered not as good as it once was. I am going to whittle away at my stash, but I will never use it all. LESSON LEARNED!!! I hope someone else might learn from my mistakes. There is ALWAYS PRETTY FABRIC ON SALE!!!! If you missed this sale there is another.....just wait and work on your current project. New patterns, new fabric and tons of ideas are always available. One does not have to do it all NOW. Just my 2 cents.