Thread: Sky, Sand & Sea
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 09:25 PM
Elfi2

Default Sky, Sand & Sea

I just finished a quilt for my son , it's his birthday!!! A long story behind it..... I made some stack and slash for a complete different quilt about 3 years ago, it was supposed to be intermingled with some pictures, all different sizes, and I just couldn't get it to look right. So I made it completely different and I decided to use the stack and slash for another quilt but there weren't enough of it and I didn't feel like making some more so I decided to use them in a disappearing 9 patch and add the larger sea fabric to give it some extra size!!! I quite like the way it turned out. the second picture is of the back.
Also I made my son a potholder as the ones you buy have either got too small space for the hands and often they're too short.
The 4th picture is of a cushion cover I made when I first started quilting, found it in my cupboard I haven't decided yet if I will keep it as a reminder of my starting times or if I'll give it to a friend....
Thanks for looking and you all have a great week-end!!! <3
Attached Thumbnails copy-glenn-002.jpg   copy-glenn.jpg   copy-glenn-003.jpg   copy-glenn-004.jpg