View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:16 PM
bstanbro

My husband is an engineer and we literally have old laptops lying around the house. I just snagged one of those--I think it has Windows XP on it. The computer isn't the issue for me--it's just figuring out how to use the software. My initial reaction to it though is that it doesn't do much with the software that comes with it. It's a way for Bernina to make scads of money by first charging an arm and a leg for the module, and then another arm for the software.

When I bought the sewing machine I really didn't see that the increased cost to get the integrated embroidery function was worth it. I don't think I will do that much machine embroidery, but I thought it was another way to do quilting on small projects. I still think it is. I just think I'm going to have to spend more to get what I want. Either way, I still think I'm going to spend less on the total price for the whole shebang by purchasing it this way. Having to have the laptop makes it less convenient, but for my needs, I think it will work out.

I'm just trying to figure out what other people have experienced if they have done it this way and whether the extra cost for more software is worth it.